Feral Pig Control Workshops
Learn the secrets to successful feral pig control
…with feral pig authority, Dr Jim Mitchell.
- How to site, make and bait traps
- The keys to successful baiting campaigns
- When to shoot and how to shoot
- Feral pig behaviour and habits
- Recording and using data to improve your management campaigns
- Legislation and obligations
- Tips and tricks to increase your likelihood of success
Have you been seeing more feral pigs around your place lately? Learn the secrets to successful baiting, trapping and shooting at our free, four hour workshop.
Funded through DCQ by the Queensland Feral Pest Initiative and the Australian Government, and open to anyone who wants to achieve effective and efficient feral pig control, these workshops will run from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm at:
- Aramac: Tuesday 9th May, Harry Redford Function Room
- Boulia: Thursday 11th May, Boulia Sports Centre Cafe
- Winton: Friday 12th May, Winton Neighbourhood Centre Training Venue
Places will fill fast so register now for your opportunity to tap into Jim Mitchell’s three decades of practical experience and scientific expertise.
- Smoko and lunch provided
- Numbers limited
- Bookings essential
- Secure your spot by phoning DCQ on 4658 0600 or, after hours, call Vol Norris on 0427 427 966.
- If you prefer, register online now by clicking here.
Dr Jim Mitchell is regarded as an international authority on feral pig management issues and techniques. With 32 years’ experience in practical field work and feral animal research, he is a specialist in the development and implementation of feral pig management and control techniques, and is the author of numerous best practice feral pig management handbooks as well as scientific papers and reports. Jim’s highly informative feral pig control workshops are widely known and appreciated, as is his practical, hands-on approach.