Bruce was born and bred in Western Queensland. He and his wife own and run Moothandella, a cattle station in the Queensland Channel Country. Bruce spent many years in local government and held the position of Barcoo Shire Mayor for 10 years.
He sits on a number of boards including Remote Area Planning and Development and the Central West Regional Planning and Advisory Committee, and has a keen interest in the environment and responsible land use practices.
- Graduate of Australian Institute of Company Directors
- 12 years as Mayor of Barcoo Shire
- Director of a private agricultural enterprise (Moothandella Station, Windorah)
- Member of Central West Hospital and Health Service Board
- past service on 9 national, state and regional boards and advisory committees