Erosion Control Workshops
POSTPONED TO A DATE TO BE ADVISED
Got an erosion issue? Along tracks, fence lines or in the paddock?
REGISTER HERE to be at one of our free, Soil Saver workshops with erosion control specialist, Darryl Hill.
If you’re a producer who wants to get the most from your land, a station employee, contractor or council plant operator, block out either (or both) the 2nd or 4th of April in your calendar.
Come and see first hand, what you can achieve with a grader and other machinery. These are proven techniques that reduce track and vehicle maintenance, travel time, soil loss and silt flows, workplace safety issues and fence line erosion while at the same time increasing the stability and effectiveness of your fences and firebreaks.
- Thursday 2nd April at Avoca – 50 km west of Barcaldine on the Longreach road (register here, phone Scott on 0427 512 384, 4651 2384, or see below)
- Saturday,4th April at Uanda – 100 km south of Torrens Creek, west of the Aramac road (register here, phone Scott – yes, a different Scott – on 0427 316 404, 4741 7164, or see below)
These workshops are funded through DCQ and NQ Dry Tropic by the National Landcare Program.
Registrations are essential, and you can do it here. For more info, or to register over the phone, call DCQ on 4658 0600 or Doug Allpass on 0427 427 090 (after hours).
You’ll learn the economics of erosion control measures:
- reduce track maintenance 30% to 50%
- reduce travelling time 5% to 10%
- reduce vehicle maintenance costs 5% to 10%
- increase fire break effectiveness 2% to 5%
- decrease soil and silt flows into dams, waterholes and creeks
- decrease fence line erosion control works
- increase fence stability and effectiveness??
- reduce workplace safety concerns
Presenter, Darryl Hill, is a well known grader guru and erosion control specialist with four decades of practical experience in soil conservation. He has worked with landholders all over Australia and is passionate about sharing his expertise in cost-effective, safe and low maintenance remediation solutions.