Erosion Control Workshops
Got an erosion issue? Along tracks, fence lines or in the paddock?
REGISTER HERE to be at one of our free, Soil Saver workshops with erosion control specialist, Darryl Hill.
If you’re a producer who wants to get the most from your land, a station employee, contractor or council plant operator, block out at least one of the 1st, 4th or 5th of June in your calendar.
Come and see first hand, what you can achieve with a grader and other machinery. These are proven techniques that reduce track and vehicle maintenance, travel time, soil loss and silt flows, workplace safety issues and fence line erosion while at the same time increasing the stability and effectiveness of your fences and firebreaks.
- Friday 1st June at Isis Downs – 20 km east of Isisford on Blackall road (register here, phone Andrew on 4658 8203, or see below)
- Tuesday 5th June at Speculation – 66 km north of Jericho on Dunrobin road (register here, phone Bruce on 4651 4272, or see below)
- Wednesday 6th June at Ashra Downs – 24 km east of Muttaburra on Aramac road (register here, phone Scott on 0407 481 016, or see below)
These workshops are funded through DCQ and NQ Dry Tropic by the National Landcare Program.
Registrations are essential, and you can do it here. For more info, or to register over the phone, call DCQ on 4658 0600 or Doug Allpass on 0427 427 090 (after hours).
You’ll learn the economics of erosion control measures:
- reduce track maintenance 30% to 50%
- reduce travelling time 5% to 10%
- reduce vehicle maintenance costs 5% to 10%
- increase fire break effectiveness 2% to 5%
- decrease soil and silt flows into dams, waterholes and creeks
- decrease fence line erosion control works
- increase fence stability and effectiveness??
- reduce workplace safety concerns
Presenter, Darryl Hill, is a well known grader guru and erosion control specialist with four decades of practical experience in soil conservation. He has worked with landholders all over Australia and is passionate about sharing his expertise in cost-effective, safe and low maintenance remediation solutions.