AUDREYSTONE FIELD DAY
Feed your mind: feed your body… be inspired and informed – and get a free feed – at DCQ’s Audreystone Field Day, Barcaldine, on Wednesday, 21st March from 8 to 5 (follow the signs on the Saltern Creek road). And BYO chair. REGISTER HERE!
Like all our field days, there is no associated charge… this one is funded by the National Landcare Program and Queensland Regional NRM Investment Program.
Find out about:
- gidyea encroachment control
- total grazing management – impact of stock and kangaroos
- feed budgeting – maximising returns while managing grass
- land condition assessment – measuring the impacts of your decisions
- degraded area recovery – bringing those areas back
- biosecurity – protecting your property and community from weeds
- weed science and cost effective control
- poison pills for prickle trees
- Prickly Acacia Alliance – working together to tackle prickly acacia
- rural finance – snapshot of taxation do’s and don’ts
There will also be displays of the latest techno tools:
- electronic monitoring
- remote controlled pig trap
- splatter gun to apply tebuthiuron for weed control
- spreader for managing weeds along fence lines
- Di-Bak capsule applicator
- weed survey drone
- quad bikes
As well as the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
Registrations are essential. You can REGISTER HERE or call DCQ on 4658 0600 or Doug Alpass on 0427 427 090 for more info and to register over the phone – don’t forget to bring your own chair.