Mike and his wife Sue own and manage Waroona, SW of Longreach, running Merino sheep, commercial goats, a small Angus stud and a cattle trading operation.
Mike is passionate about the environmental welfare and sustainability of the DCQ region and strongly supports the efforts of all involved to rein in and contain the spread of all Weeds of National Significance.
Mike was raised on a Stanthorpe sheep property, and he and his wife, Sue, run Merino sheep, commercial goats, a small Angus stud and a cattle trading operation on their 40,000 hectare, three-property, Stonehenge-district aggregation of Waroona, Bellfield and Ban Ban. Mike is Deputy Mayor of the Barcoo Shire, Deputy Chair Central West Wild Dog Control Fence Steering Committee, along with other community and industry groups. He is particularly keen on controlling Prickly Acacia, Parkinsonia and all other Weeds of National Significance, as well as wild dogs and feral pigs.
- Deputy Mayor of Barcoo Shire Council
- Deputy Chair of Central West Wild Dog Control Fence Steering Committee
- Director of a private agricultural enterprise (Waroona Station, Stonehenge)
- Member of Stonehenge Campdraft and Rodeo Association
- Member of Agforce
- Certificate in Animal Husbandry (Queensland Agricultural College)